Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sweet Memories - August 2009

These photos are from the annual Burgess Birthday Bash (aka Hayden's and Haylee's combined birthday party). It's always an exciting event that many folks look forward to each year. Hayden turned 10, and Haylee turned 5, and they chose an Italian theme this time around. All the children got to make their own individual pizzas with the toppings of their choice, and the adults had a delectable menu of Bruschetta and Cheese topped Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Fettuccini Alfredo, Topped Italian Bread, Italian Garden Salad, and Chocolate Italian Cream Cake! It was quite a feast!

I used the Sweet Memories theme from the Storytellers March 2009 Ultimate Kit. Even the buttons and Bazzill cardstock I used were included in the kit. The only non-kit item I used was the two flower shaped pink brads and pop dots. The paper with the large circles and patterns was a bit too busy for me, but I toned it down by taking advantage of the printed 1.5 inch circles and added photos on them so they looked like photos mats. I raised up the cupcake tag and the date tag with pop dots to add dimension, as well as real buttons on the cupcakes. I had a lot of photos to incorporate from this event, so I trimmed them down to the bare minimum...just enough to capture the essence of each photo...and then played around with their placement until I came up with this layout. I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment