Thursday, January 14, 2010

10th Birthday - August 2009

These photos are from Hayden's 10th birthday. Steve was out of town visiting his family at the time, and I wanted Hayden to have special day, so I told him I'd make him anything he wanted for dinner. He wanted barbecued baby back ribs and a pineapple upside down cake, so that's what I made. He enjoyed every bit of it and had a smile on his face the entire time! I got lucky and happened to snap the photo just as he was blowing out his candle.

I used a sketch in the Pages By Design idea book as a basis for the design of this layout. I printed my journaling on vellum, used lots of rub-on words, and some cool dimensional foam letter stickers for the word "TEN" that I got from the kids' craft section at Joann Fabrics. The extra large blue and white flowers are Perfectly Posh from Imaginesce, and the orange one in the center of the stack is by Prima. I love the band of fabric flower ribbon across the plaid paper strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment