Sunday, January 31, 2010

Say Cheese - January 2009

I took these photos of Hayden and Haylee for their homeschool i.d. cards last year. I hadn't planned to use the photos for anything else until Storytellers Club posted a contest where you had to create a layout from a particular PageMaps sketch. I had so much fun with this! And I think it turned out to be one of the prettiest layouts I've ever made. Thanks to Steve for his help with the title.


I used patterned paper and coordinating burgundy paper from the Wild Asparagus pad by My Mind's Eye. I used a homemade bracket shaped template to cut out the patterned paper and then inked the edges of it with a brown ink pad from Ink It Up. I used a Kraft paper background and also for the title letters that I cut with my Craft Robo. I punched strips of the burgundy paper with a Fiskars border punch. The bird/swirl rub-ons were from Dollar Tree, and the small row of rub-ons on the paper strip across the center are from American Crafts. The paper flowers are from Prima, and the rhinestones are from the jewelry making section at ACMoore. The clear letter/number stickers I used for the date are from Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment