Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This was my first real attempt at preserving a memento rather than actual photos. I loved this card and flowers my husband gave me, so I featured the actual card and a photo of the flowers with the card here.

Hayden lost his first tooth on Halloween night of 2005. I later went to a make-and-take event at my local craft store, and this awesome paper was available for free. Then I printed a clipart tooth in various sizes on some vellum and adhered it all over the page.

I love using ribbons and fibers on my pages. This was also one of the first times I used a rub-on. I totally fell in love with rub-ons after this and horded quite an assortment thereafter.

My kids love playing homeschool sports and play one sport or another year-round. This was soccer season. Haylee is shown getting her award from Soccer Tots for preschoolers. The embossed words and coordinated papers are from K & Company.

My nephew died at the age of 23 under tragic circumstances related to complications from his diabetes. Most of my family came together from across the country for his funeral. Although we reunited for a sad occasion, it was wonderful to be with family that hadn't seen each other in such a long time. There are 3 generations in some of these photos. It was great that we could count on each other for support, and I wanted to honor my nephew, Nathan, by marking that moment. He is showcased in a metal framed photo in the center.

This is Holden's first birthday party! He was all about food, so I quoted his "mmm...good" as he surveyed the cake. I love the white floral rub-ons, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment